So I’ve done a lot of thinking throughout February and here is the set list that I have come up with. I’m happy with the songs for a number of different reasons. I’ve tried to keep a balance so that the songs are varied, but keeping the set so that the tracks aren’t at opposite ends of the musical spectrum. Some of the tracks are more groove orientated, some have more prominent elements of technical flair. But I was aiming for a well rounded set that could try and cover all of these aspects. Again, I’m sure there will be ammendments to the set as time progresses, but this is what I have so far.
The next stage? transcription and venue booking; both of which I’m currently in the process of completing! – and also, lots of practice..
- Steely Dan – Aja * 7:51
- Dave Brubeck Quartet – Take Five * 4:30-5:00
- D’angelo – Spanish Joint * 5:44
- Frank Zappa – Andy * 6:00
- Paul Simon – Late In The Evening – (Original Track) * 4:00
- Sonny Rollins – St. Thomas * 6:00
- Vinnie Colaiuta & Friends – Subway * 4:30
- Frank Zappa – The Black Page #1