Hi, I’m Ash Turner. I’m a professional drummer, guitarist, session player and MD, based around the north west of England and North Wales, UK. After starting on the keys at the age of 7, I developed a passion for music and went on to gain experience as a teacher, leading multiple classes by the age of 16. I also gained experience in performance (both nationally and internationally) during my progression through college, before going on to graduate with a BA (Hons) and Master’s Degree in Music from University of Chester, picking up the University Prize for Popular Music.
With years of experience in performance and recording, I regularly play in a number of different groups and have worked with many top musicians, including Neil Fairclough (Queen), Grace Davies (X Factor 2017) and Elsa Harris (Paul Simon) to name a few. I also like to keep busy with a lot of freelance dep work and recording sessions, and have been fortunate enough to record at some of the UK’s top studios and play at a number of major festivals.
I’m well versed in many styles of music and work proficiently with music notation and charts – notation examples can be found on the transcriptions page. Some of my airplay credits (interviews and sessions – recorded and live) include SKY Television, BBC Radio 6Music, BBC Radio Wales, BBC Radio Merseyside, BBC Radio Lancashire, Absolute Radio and many more. I currently perform live in various groups and work as a freelance recording/performing artist.
Get in touch
“I’ve played with Ash for years and he’ll always be top of my list when it comes to looking for a drummer for any project. My favourite thing about him is that he understands music as well as rhythm, a rare thing in a drummer, which just makes getting any new track off the ground that little bit quicker. Add to that the fact that he always turns up knowing his parts, and usually plays them better than you can even imagine, and you’ve got a solid guy that I really recommend anyone to work with”
– Martin Sean McConnell. Professional Guitarist.
- October 2017 – Recording (Kidsmoke)
- 14 October 2017 – EBGBs, Liverpool (Kidsmoke) *
- 16 October 2017 – The Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham (Kidsmoke) *
- 27 October 2017 – AATMA, Manchester (Kidsmoke) *
- 28 October 2017 – Private Function
- 1 December 2017 – Private Function
- 2 December 2017 – Private Function
- 8 December 2017 – Private Function
- 14 December 2017 – Private Function
- 15 December 2017 – Private Function
- 16 December 2017 – Private Function
- 21 December 2017 – Private Function
- 22 December 2017 – Private Function
- 23 December 2017 – Private Function
- 31 December 2017 – Private Function
* headline show